Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution suggests stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a web hosting server run by a web hosting company. There are various groups of hosting services used for different ends, so let's have a glimpse at them. In that way, you can pick what you want, based on whether you wish to set up a web page, e-mail aliases, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a service furnished by some hosts, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions are often supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain interval of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inaccurate explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would assign the load between separate groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different website hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a kind of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific companies provide a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is appropriate if you want to share a large quantity of pics with pals or partners since the service is usually free of charge. You will receive a random link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your email aliases. Some firms provide web hosting services for websites, but do not provide an email solution. If you wish to create a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can open mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file generates a given amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have a hard time with your hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to administer as many videos as you would like without worrying about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to own a website. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting sorts since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Cunningham Hosting, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one place. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the common email/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for particular content solely.